Saturday, August 13, 2011

shiny happy people

This statue sits outside our wonderful public library.  While I am normally alert to potential triggers for Maya, I failed to consider this one, and so we walked quite close.  Quite suddenly, Maya caught sight of what looked like a dangerous group of children at play and just about jumped out of her skin.


I played a round of BAT with the statue, but it only took a few repetitions before Maya realized it was not as freaky as she'd first assumed and then progressed to ignoring it completely.  Still, it gave me an idea. 

We live in a town of about 12,000 people, but there are a disproportionately large number of statues/fountains/etc. in the downtown area.  So I thought we might try to seek them out, firstly because it ties into a number of goals I am currently pursuing, and second because it gives me the chance to take a series of Maya photos.  I'll post them as we go!

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, totally appreciate your willingness to take lots of pictures for the Maya Fan Club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meera! More pictures of Maya = beter :)

    ReplyDelete